Public Speaking & Presenting
Making an effective presentation isn’t just about having good looking slides. Giving an engaging speech isn’t only about having a well written text. In both instances, it is also about understanding what you want to achieve, your audiences and, above all, yourself.
The session is based on our definition of an effective speaker:
- To reach clear objectives,
- you build ideas with your audience,
- using great content and delivery.
The course explores each of these concepts in order.
Throughout the session, each participant participates in practice speech/presentation delivery exercises that are video-recorded and reviewed. These exercises are supplemented by instruction and relevant examples of good presenters and bad, presented on video and discussed by the class.
- The content typically encompasses:
- The definition of an effective speaker/presenter
- How to set meaningful objectives for the presenter and the audience
- Ideas – what they are and how to develop and use them as the key themes for your speech or presentation
- How to better understand your audience and tailor your content and delivery accordingly
- How to tell an effective story and structure content so that the audience can follow
- The use of language appropriate to the audience
- Visual aids and speaking notes
- Verbal and non-verbal delivery
- Handling question and answer sessions
- Handling disrupters and distracters
Our current course designs serve as the basis for discussions with you about your particular needs.